6.03.2010

This is only my dream

I am not a well-known prize winner, holder of a PhD, or even been around for very long but this website will serve as a record of my own trials, tribulations, experiences, achievements, and adventures as I navigate my own goals and dreams. It is my most desired dream to be a catalyst for positive change, in the classroom and across the globe, and to help those who need it most. People facing high poverty surroundings, familial duress, or physical impairment do top the list of whom I aim to help the most, but any student, any person, anytime, could and does need someone positive in their life. That is why I plan to use the two things I love most (besides my kids) to create a better world, one student at a time. My passions are using technology and compassion to change the world, hence the title of said blog. Is it easy to be a catalyst? NO! You should see how people role their eyes at me when I mention recycling or oil, ha ha. No, no one is perfect and I still love to shop for shoes (very consumerist) but if I can help one student to find their passion and help them to see their opportunities for growth, change, and happiness, I'm all for it. So bring on the team-meetings, after hours grading, cursing frustration at the website that refuses to do as I want, and the stupid paper cuts (yes, I am whiner), cause nothing can stand in my way of giving someone else a chance to dream their own dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers